Friday, January 23, 2015

Reading Profile

Reading has always been something I have enjoyed but I am not an avid reader like so many other librarians. I consider my self a picky reader because I cannot just pick up any book off the shelf. As a teen after reading Harry Potter I thought I would never find another book I enjoyed as much and I was wrong. Since my teenage reading days I have found I do not like specific genres I enjoy a wide variety of genres.

David Baldacci is one author I enjoy reading, his novels are suspenseful, definitely plot driven, intricately plotted, political thrillers, and fast-paced. His top titles I enjoyed are The Escape, The Collectors, and Wish You Well. I also enjoy teen fiction usually realistic fiction, that are character driven, and bittersweet, such as The Fault in Our Stars and Eleanor & Park. Then there is my guilty pleasures such as Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series or Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series mainly because they are character-driven, funny, and have romance in them. These I typically enjoy listening to on audio because you do not have to pay close attention to them.

There are not any books I can think of that I have read and hated. If a book does not hook me I stop reading it. These typically are books that started off too slow or I did not particularly like the main characters. It is rare for me to browse the shelf for a book, I typically have books that are recommended or are required to read for school or work.

The last six books I have read are:
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
The Funeral Dress by Susan Gregg Gilmore
The Escape by David Baldacci
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
The Silkworm by Robert Gailbraith
The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (My new favorite book)


No comments:

Post a Comment